Our client is one of the biggest and most highly reputable gaming groups globally. They have operations spanning 5 continents, a headcount of over 10,000 employees and a multibillion-dollar yearly turnover. They are a market leader in technological innovation and continuously look for ways to revolutionise the industry.
A big contributor to their double-digit growth over the last few years has been their expansion into the US and Canadian markets. These two markets will continue to be a key focus and driver for the company’s growth moving forward.
As a result, they are now looking to recruit an experienced ‘US Tax Accountant’ to cover all aspects of tax and reporting to ensure compliance with US state tax laws and regulations in an accurate and timely fashion.
As a Tax Accountant, you will provide tax support for all taxes relevant to the business in the United States and Canada, working closely with the company’s Finance, Group Tax, Legal and Compliance, and Commercial teams. Our client has ambitious growth plans in the US and the Tax Accountant will have a great opportunity to grow and develop in the position over the coming years.
The position is based in the US (preferably in PA area).
- Ensure that taxes are accounted for correctly in our local financial statements.
- Prepare tax provisions schedules, returns, quarterly and annual tax reports (if not outsourced) and payments.
- Respond to notices from Federal, State, and Local tax authorities.
- Prepare and file Use tax returns.
- File and correct tax returns as needed, registering for e-filing and e-payment as required.
- Act as liaison between the business and Federal, State and Local taxing authorities.
- Ensure payroll service provider is provided with all necessary tax documentation required for tax compliance.
- Drafting and filing of tax registrations.
- Provide analysis of uncertain tax positions
- Identifying and evaluating tax risks.
- Pro-actively identify, manage, and implement tax opportunities for the Group, consistent with the businesses Group Tax policy.
- Manage external Tax service providers and oversee external tax compliance and liaise with our statutory auditors on Tax matters.
- Challenging and reviewing current tax reporting processes.
- Supporting the Head of Tax with advice, policies, plans and strategies.
- Maintain good technical knowledge of tax issues within the Gaming Industry and of Digital solutions and develop a good commercial understanding.
- Proactively analyse and update Group Tax and the NA Finance team on developments of Local tax regulations. Lead or support any relevant adjustments deriving from new or changed rules.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work-related experience in a multi-state organization.
- Minimal 2+ years of relevant tax experience.
- Good accounting skills and experience with financial systems.
- Experience with US Federal and (multi-)state income taxes at a high technical level and strong tax reporting and tax compliance skills.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to think globally and work independently.
- Good organizational skills and a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional, enthusiastic, and energetic.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience within the gaming Industry and/or digital businesses
- Experience with US sales taxes and employment taxes
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off – 3 weeks annual leave, 5 days sick leave and 10 days holiday
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Opportunity to work on as part of a Global leader in online gaming
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Nationwide Employee Discount Program
- Centrally located modern studio environment with break room & refreshments
- Team incentives for strong performance
- Role: Tax Accountant
- Sector: Gaming
- Salary: $60,000/yr - $85,000/yr
- Job Reference: LI00101
- Location: Philadelphia, PA (Hybrid)