Our client is a global leading gaming group with a multi-billion Euro yearly turnover and over 14,000 employees.
The group covers B2C and B2B, with an omni-channel sports betting and casino offering for both land-based and online.
They operate several market leading B2C brands across a number of regulated European markets and are one the of leaders in technological innovation, having recently migrated onto their own in-house platform.
As part of their growth strategy, they are now looking to expand their online presence into the newly regulated Dutch market and need a proven busienss leader to spearhead this growth as ‘Managing Director’.
In this role, you will take full ownership for the market, including managing multi-million Euro marketing budgets, full P&L responsibility and building/leading a cross-functional localised team.
You will help drive the busienss to new heights, with ultimate aim of the brand becoming a market leader in the future.
This opportunity offers the chance to be part of an exciting new venture and have a real impact on building a new market from scratch, but with the stability and backing by one of the largest gaming groups globally.
- Drive strong revenue growth in your target market.
- Take complete ownership of country P&L.
- Understand the P&L structure and shape to achieve commercial goals.
- Manage costs effectively to ensure value for money.
- Manage key members of staff within region.
- Provide strong direction regarding country-specific marketing, product and service requirements.
- Negotiate with central departments to ensure priority of your country is understood.
- Build business cases for additional, country-specific developments.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and react accordingly.
- Build strong commercial relationships with existing and prospective suppliers to gain a competitive advantage wherever possible.
- Develop a team of high functioning professionals.
- Performance Management of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Monitor the compliance landscape and pre-empt and react accordingly to ensure the brand remains fully compliant with all market regulations
- Driving a ‘customer first approach’
- Effective prioritisation and workload management across a multidisciplinary team.
- Working with the Heads of Gaming and Sportsbook to ensure commercial success of the digital product.
- Delivering upon the company strategy of becoming the best omni-channel operator in Europe
- Reporting weekly, monthly and quarterly progress versus plan
- Advise/recommend action to executive team to promote continued growth in the market.
- Strong track record of working in a highly regulated online gambling market.
- Three years experience of working in a senior iGaming role in the Netherlands.
- Expertise in digital businesses or a keen understanding of what a digital customer will expect.
- Budget management skills with a focus on customer value and ROI.
- Experience in customer segmentation and successful communication campaigns, supported by data-analysis and market insights.
- Ability and experience in setting, monitoring, and reporting against targets to key internal stakeholders.
- Expertise in online Casino and Sportsbook with an understanding of retail customer expectations as well.
- Stakeholder management at all levels.
- Proven decision making based upon data and industry knowledge.
- Keen commercial focus.
- Evidence of strong management, planning, project management and organisational skills, required to manage an extensive and varied workload.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), influencing and negotiation skills, required to cooperate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders combined with driven and assertive personality.
- Experience in people management, leading and directing multiple team members in a busy task-oriented environment.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness in work.
- Talent management .
- Coaching and training experience.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and shape the future business.
- Facilitation skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy.
- Fluent English and Dutch. German language would also be an advantage.
- Role: Managing Director
- Sector: Gaming
- Salary: Competitive Salary
- Job Reference: LI00100
- Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands (Hybrid)